10.15.2009

i am still alive... in case you wondered... all 4 of you

It has been awhile since I've written a blog entry, since August as a matter of fact, so I felt the need to dust off the old keyboard and get to writing except when I tried I had nothing to write about. Well to help inspire me I asked my friends to send me questions and or topics to write from a few kind souls have left me suggestions. The following entry will be the first of the few I received.

Q:How can one differentiate insecurity from intuition? How can a person tell whether they are going off their intuition or just being insecure?

This question caught me off guard. My initial reaction was, is it possible to not know the difference because in my mind they seemed completely on different ends of the spectrum. But the more I thought about it the more I realized the complexity of this particular question.

I suppose it begins with the understanding of these two words. What is intuition? What is insecurity? For me intuition is a voice that guides and insecurity is a voice that hinders. Which is why I seemed to think of these two as opposite. But there is certainly a thin line between these two worlds.

I think the main difference is that one (intuition) comes out of trusting yourself and the other (insecurity) is more fear based. We are prompted into action by being afraid or being inspired to take action. The fear based response is often reactionary which may not always lead to the best outcome.

I think the first thing is to learn to trust yourself. Once you can decifer the different voices tugging at you then it'll be easier to see the differences between the two ideas.

In my own life I've relied on my faith and belief that things that happen are all meant to happen as they are. It took me a long time to quell the over bearing self destructive voice that seems to always rear its ugly head while making important decisions but with a little time and a little self acceptance I have learned to not be as self destructive. I've learned to love myself and wow what a difference a little love makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment